Monday 19 March 2012

Quid Nomen Est Tibi?


Salutations, my dears! I am Luck, and names are an obsession of mine - hence (as those of you who speak Latin may have already inferred), they will be the primary focus of this blog. Most of the names I detail here will be on a particular theme, or will be especially unusual or intriguing to me. Although my personal list of favourite names does include some more popular names (Mary, Sarah, Thomas), I especially adore the rare, the unheard-of and the downright bizarre (Gardenia, Elormie, Banquo, Euphrosyne, Visvaldis, Ahenobarbus). Expect, if not the unexpected, the eclectic most definitely. Naming should be tasteful, of course, but never at all dull.


"Mihi Nomen Est" is the Latin phrase used to announce one's name: mihi nomen est Luck would be (surprise!) my name is Luck. I adore all things Ancient Roman (again, surprise!), so do expect some Roman names to pop up here from time to time.


Please do enjoy my blog, and feel free to contact be if you have any questions, comments, critique or requests for posts or naming advice (you won't be bothering me: I love to discuss names). Mihi nomen est Luck; quid est nomen tibi? ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment